Thursday, April 4, 2024

Follow Jesus



This is one of those days where I will ramble a little bit. I was just thinking about when I became saved and experienced the renewing of my mind and seeing the world around me with new eyes. I had these little "aha" moments as I reminisced about my younger years and everyday little things. I couldn't believe I lied to my kids about Santa Claus, the Easter Bunny, and even the tooth fairy. I can't believe my parents lied to me about them. Heck, I remember getting in pretty big trouble when I told one of the neighbor girls that I found out there was no such thing as Santa Claus. I found out when some kid at school told me so I asked mom about it and she told me the truth. But when I told someone else her mom made me lie and say I was just kidding!

One day I was reading something and the phrase,  follow your heart jumped out at me and I had this Holy Spirit moment and realized that satan has been deceiving us for a very long time! Following your heart isn't a good idea. I say follow Jesus. See what the bible says about the heart:

Jeremiah 17:9  The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it?

How about this one, sticks and stones may break my bones, but words will never hurt me. I don't know who came up with that one but we sure were expected to believe it, right? The great dragon, that old serpent called the devil, and satan go right on deceiving the whole world, such a liar. Words matter. The power of life and death is in the tongue. So says God's word:

James 3:8  But the tongue can no man tame; it is an unruly evil, full of deadly poison.

Proverbs 18:21  Death and life are in the power of the tongue: and they that love it shall eat the fruit thereof. 

 What are some of your "aha" Holy Spirit moments? I would love to hear about them in the comments.




If you are an x-Mormon and have a testimony of how Jesus saved you from the grips of Mormonism please consider sharing your story to glorify God. Drop me a line at AwakeOSleeper@currently.com




No comments:

Post a Comment